Engineer III (RPA) - Remote or Omaha, NE
Job no: 497593
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia
Reports to Manager: John Ramsey
Recruiter: Hunter Huggins
Categories: Information Technology, Remote Work
Mutual of Omaha’s Robotic Process Automation Engineer represents a crucial leadership role for the Intelligent Automation team. Focused on the design, development, and technical guidance of our process automation capabilities within the company. You will generate thousands of hours of capacity back to the company through the innovative use of automation tools and techniques.
It’s a mission that takes some serious smarts, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team who makes it possible.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Own design, development and integration of process automation applications / systems
- Design and develop solutions through to implementation while incorporating modern frameworks / libraries
- Leverage multiple approaches and technologies for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications
- Partner with the supported business area(s), align strategy with related objectives and challenges
- Stay curious while leading the team and as part of the larger leadership group
- Be an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior with task-level leadership, guidance, and direction
- Lead efforts on code accuracy and quality, while achieving business objectives
- Pursue Operational Excellence in all endeavors through continuous process improvements
- Keep an eye on security and privacy to protect Company data
- Professionally solved challenges for full-stack application development and implementation over the last six or more years with:
- Enterprise Robotic Process Automation experience (ex: Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UiPath)
- .NET framework (.NET/.NET Core/C#/VB.NET), APIs, Web Services, Microservices, Application Servers, and integration.
- At least one major RDBMS platform (DB2/UDB, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.) along with corresponding SQL expertise.
- Unit Testing, Version Control
- Advocate the Agile mindset and iterative development process
- Drive code quality through establishing coding standards
- Ensure proper technology design and non-functional considerations are addressed at each phase of the software development lifecycle in order to maximize processing efficiency, security and component reuse.
- Positively impact team success by multi-tasking and adapting to priority changes
- Possess architect level knowledge core technologies, yet still driven to pick-up new tech through research and investigation
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent work experience
- Help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization
- Value different ideas and opinions
- Listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Understanding of HA (High availability) and DR (Disaster Recovery) concepts and design patterns
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and childcare needs
- 401(k) plan with a 2% company contribution and 6% company match
- Competitive pay with an opportunity for incentives for all associates
- Flexible work schedules with a healthy amount of paid time off
- For more information regarding benefits information, please visit our Careers Site
- Estimated Salary: $105,000 - $140,000
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend