EDI Maintenance - Business System Tech - Omaha, NE or Chattanooga, TN
Job no: 497575
Work type: Full Time Regular
Location: Nebraska, Tennessee
Grade: C17, C19
Reports to Manager: Eric Johnson
Recruiter: Debra Duggan
Categories: Customer Service, Analytics/Data Science
|Provides technical support to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the respective business areas. Assists in the implementation and administration of technologies in order to meet defined objectives and contribute to the overall business strategy. Works under direct supervision while performing job duties.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Identify and document general technical problems related to hardware, software, systems, etc. and assist in the implementation of business solutions.
- Generate ad hoc reports, merge documents, update databases and extract data. Prepare process documentation based on Analyst specifications.
- Utilize I/S desktop tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Lotus Notes, and other support tools to perform essential support tasks such as developing formats, updating spreadsheets, preparing technical documentation, purchase order processing and preparing presentation material, documentation, etc.
- Follow documented procedures to assist in installing version updates, preparing test data, asset barcoding and completing file and data move requests.
- Perform general support work such as scheduling meetings, photocopying, filing, shipping and receiving etc. Maintain a variety of computer based and manual files, tables, manuals, schedules, and project documentation pertaining to daily activities.
- Collect, enter and validate data using the appropriate technology
This job posting is reflective of the Business Systems Technician essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Sr Business Systems Technician level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family. #peopleofcolor #women
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Technical knowledge of desktop software tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Lotus Notes, and other support tools.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize work.
- Ability to work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- A organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend