Security Guard - Blair, Ne
Job no: 497558
Work type: Full Time Regular
Reports to Manager: Thomas Gray
Recruiter: Amanda Yates
Enhance the Security and Safety of the Companies' employees, visitors, contractors, property and grounds by guarding against unauthorized access, patrolling the grounds, and issuing ID cards to authorized employees and contract associates and responding to building hazards, intrusions, theft, vandalism, equipment malfunctions, and medical emergencies to contribute to the safety and security of the Companies' employees, visitors, contractors, facilities, assets and grounds.
Hours for day shift: 6am-2pm
Hours for night shift: 10pm-6am
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Control entry to the facilities, physically checking employee/non-employee ID'S, recording entry, utilizing software for employee verification and the Lobbyworks visitor badging system.
- Patrol and monitor the Home Office complex including buildings and grounds for fire, water, electrical, safety hazards, intruders, theft and vandalism as part of daily guard tours.
- Extinguish office lights after normal business hours, check fire-fighting equipment , and ensure that all doors close and latch properly. Check food cooler doors to verify they are locked, check kitchen fryers, steam pots and oven burners in the kitchen to ensure they are turned off. Prepare tickets for building equipment in need of repair and security violations such as coffee pot left on in work area and obstructions which could be considered safety hazards.
- Operate company vehicle to patrol remote areas and buildings, checking for unlocked doors, perform parking lot checks, enforce parking regulations, notify the security control center by telephone or radio of any immediate hazards or irregularities encountered while patrolling and responding to alarms and instructions received from security control center. Provide traffic control for after hour events and weather related incidents.
- Escort and assist employees to and from the airport and offsite facilities, escort terminated employees & contract associates from the building when requested. Provide Bank physical security during opening and closing hours of the Farnam bank, provide escort services for money transported through the Home Office complex and during retrieval of deposits from the night/day deposit box. (Midshift 5%, Dayshift 15%, Swingshift 10%)
- Miscellaneous accountabilities that include in assisting in medical emergencies, capturing a services elevator, accompanying a Health Service nurse, arranging or providing transportation to a medical facility. Respond to radio instructions, to include checking on and providing information about reported parking stall violation, providing support for clerical duties, and perform other related duties as directed.
- Control entry to the companies visitor lot, record entry and exit times, license number, and nature of business of each visitor, reserve and hold parking stall for contracted service companies and special guests, and provide directional assistance to employees and visitors searching form parking spaces.
(Separate assignments on dayshift only-100%)
- To further define and align the essential physical requirements of this job with the Physical Requirements for the Essential Job Functions listed below the physical requirements will include but not limited to:
* Standing/Walking: continuously (67 - 100% of shift) which includes Standing occasionally (1-33% of shift) plus Walking frequently (34 to 66% of shift)
* Ability to respond to a wide array of emergencies requiring lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying greater than 50 pounds
* Balance: continuously (67-100% of shift) in order to complete walking, climbing stairs and exposure to outside environment and weather
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the department and the larger organization. You value different ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed internet.
- Knowledge of security procedures.
- Understanding of the fire detection and security systems, an awareness of malfunction trends in building equipment, and of areas and property subject to intrusions, vandalism and theft.
- Ability to operate assorted security equipment, such as automobiles, security scanners, and UHF radios and knowledge of the different classes of fire extinguishers.
- Verbal and written communication and human relations skills; ability to deal with conflict appropriately.
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) certification, AED (automated external defibrillator) and First Aid.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful situations.
- Basic keyboarding skills and understanding of Windows environment.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Effective customer service skills; ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with all employees and visitors
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to stand and walk for a majority of the work period as well as move up and/or greater than to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle; Must have a current valid Operator's License.
- Knowledge of visitor parking lot procedures.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend