Operating Engineer (3pm-11pm, Tuesday-Saturday)-Omaha, NE
Job no: 497237
Work type: Full Time Regular
Reports to Manager: Mark Hughes
Recruiter: Tammi Kruse
|Operate, monitor, control, repair, adjust and calibrate all Physical Plant mechanical and electrical equipment and systems to ensure the safe, efficient, and reliable operation and use of all systems thus providing the necessary utility and environmental requirements to support the Companies business operations in the home office complex and other remote buildings.
What You'll Do:
- Utilize the Energy Management System (EMS) to monitor, initiate changes and/or adjustments and to identify operational abnormalities in the Home Office complex HVAC equipment and supporting systems. Perform site inspections to verify EMS information, repair and/or alert appropriate personnel to system abnormalities. Compile computer generated data to support concerns and communicate to the appropriate level, chronic mechanical and/or electrical systems problems.
- Complete operating logs with observed readings on primary power plant equipment. Record completion of assigned daily and shift maintenance tasks. Prepare records of fuel consumed, water utilized, steam generated, and other engineering functions to be monitored for costs and efficiency.
- React correctly and promptly to all on-line equipment systems failures by bringing redundant systems on-line, isolation of problem conditions and initiating repairs as appropriate to the condition(s). React correctly and promptly to fire alarm and life safety system abnormalities using system manuals to locate, diagnose, reset and/or repair malfunction. Verify that the systems return to normal operations or call appropriate contractor personnel.
- Provide technical expertise and assist as necessary by communicating with internal and external personnel regarding systems operations, comfort conditions, special events, repair needs, emergency assistance, or any other circumstances that involve Physical plant equipment or systems.
- Maintain plant equipment and equipment room cleanliness.
- Assists maintenance staff with job duties as needed
- Previous engineering experience relating to large power/refrigeration plant operations
- Knowledge of plant systems and their operating relationships
- Knowledge of the functions and capabilities of a computerized Energy Management System
- Ability to read, understand and diagnose system problems through use of "real time" graphics, system logs, trend logging, system(s) comparative values, etc.
- Maintain proficiency and routinely utilize corporate and government safe working practices and requirements. This may include but not be limited to: OSHA Lockout/Tagout program, Electrical Safe Working practices, MSDS program, and EAP certification in refrigerant handling
- Current city certification as a Third Grade Stationary Engineer license at time of hire
- Ability to perform considerable standing, walking, bending and frequent heavy lifting
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and catwalks up to 33% of the work time
- Willingness to work in potentially hazardous and uncomfortable working conditions
- Valid driver's license
- Proven experience as an operating engineer
- Building automation experience
- Building maintenance experience
- Plant operations experience
- HVAV, plumbing, water treatment experience
What We Can Offer You:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of belonging
- A company that feels like a small, close-knit community and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401k, flexible work schedules and a healthy amount of time off
Mutual of Omaha:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you’ll have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged … feel a sense of belonging … and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend