Supervisor Workplace Solutions EDI/Electronic Enrollment - Omaha, NE
Job no: 497214
Work type: Full Time Regular
Reports to Manager: Joseph Revense
Recruiter: Mandy Campbell
|This position is designed to function as a supervisor to plan, staff, direct, develop and maintain the efficient operation within Workplace Solutions (WS).
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, organizes, staffs, leads and controls activities pertaining to Workplace Solutions (WS) including planning projects and capital budgets. Responsible for highly visible operational business processes involving significant financial risk to the company. Assist in the coordination and monitoring of daily operational risk activities including quality and quantity of work and correct minor workflow problems.
- Ensure all daily activities support the Division efforts to meet or exceed corporate policies, procedures and/or directives. Ensure all new legislation, mandates and legal requirements are analyzed and information is disseminated to the appropriate functional areas for review and implementation. Identify areas of noncompliance, developing procedures to modify and/or enhance existing processes and initiate corrective action. Maintain a current knowledge of operations, claims and new business trends and a proactive posture in the insurance and service industries.
- Reviews, consults and authorizes decisions related to policy provisions, regulations and/or claims processing to ensure appropriate levels of risk within approval authority.
- Evaluate and implement various risk management strategies, policies, procedures and processes and advocate for organization-wide efforts when policies/procedures span different areas to protect policy owners, producers and the company. Embed an operational risk culture throughout WS to promote transparency and accountability for inherent risks and controls related to the operation.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Producers, Home Office, Field, Banks, Vendors, Third Party Administrators and other key relationships to identify business opportunities and ensure support and attainment of area and Corporate goals and objectives. Function within a dynamic and market-driven insurance environment with complex products and extremely demanding operational requirements. Ensure attainment of Division and Corporate goals and objectives to mitigate risk.
- Lead and participate in project activities initiated to enhance customer satisfaction, corporate profitability, productivity and/or quality. Research and analyze trends and changes across WS products based on policy owner feedback, as well as the overall insurance industry and develop plans to improve operational excellence and risk mitigation.
- May participate in the development of products and marketing strategies by serving on product development teams to establish strategic direction and develop business plans to ensure product line growth and profitability objectives.
- Develop, implement, direct and monitor adherence to department policies that support a comfortable and productive work area as well as to contribute to repeat sales, whole sale/customer loyalty and high policy owner persistency.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong working relationships with both internal and external customers to maximize policyholder satisfaction. Develops and maintains effective working relationships with policyholders, brokers and/or field offices.
- Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce.
- Develops and maintains a fair and equitable working environment.
- Effective human relations skills
- Personal computer operation with skills in various software applications including word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail and presentation
- Demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience
- Insurance background
- Knowledge of product lines
- Sound judgement, communication, planning, organization, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Understanding of Corporate policies, philosophies, and objectives
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Knowledge of business processing functions including insurance accounting practices, systems technology, and related federal and state regulations
- Creativity, adaptability, flexibility and resilience
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend